The Asian Vegan Kitchen
Authentic and Appetizing Dishes from a Continent of Rich Flavors
HEMA PAREKH appeared LIVE on WABC-TV (New York, NY) on "EYEWITNESS NEWS SATURDAY MORNING".
The Asian Vegan Kitchen is a collection of recipes from across Asia, featuring the spices and the many tasty ingredients that have made these cuisines popular world-wide. It caters to the growing segment of people of all ages who have chosen to eschew animal products, yet still want to add some global spice and excitement to their diet.
Author Hema Parekh-originally from India and now a noted teacher of Asian cooking in Tokyo, has put together a delicious selection of meat- and dairy-free Asian dishes that can be enjoyed not just by vegans and vegetarians, but by anyone who loves fine food.
Over 200 dishes have been selected to cover a wide variety of tastes. Here readers will find recipes for everything from Japan's sushi to northern Indian curries, from Vietnamese spring rolls to fiery hot tofu, Chinese-style. Soups, noodle dishes, and some desserts are also included.
The recipes are simple, with detailed explanations, and are illustrated who over 50 mouthwatering photographs, and accompanied by a comprehensive glossary.
Add excitement to a healthy lifestyle with this delicious collection of authentic, full-flavored vegan recipes from nine Asian countries: India, Japan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Korea.
- Over 200 Recipes—Soups, Salads, Side Dishes and Snacks, Main Dishes, Noodle and Rice Dishes, even Desserts and Drinks
- 32 Pages of Full-Color Photos; Over 40 Dishes Lavishly Illustrated
- Includes the Highlights of each Country's Cuisine: from Japan's Scattered Sushi to China's Spicy Tofu; from Vietnam's Spring Rolls to Thailand's Tom Yum Soup
- Over 50 Additional Basic Recipes for Curries, Sauces, Pastes and Dips, Bringing the True Taste of Asia to Your Table
- A Complete Glossary of Ingredients and Spices, Covering the Entire Asian Continent
"If your concept of international vegetarian cooking is limited to eggplant parm from Italy and bean burritos from Mexico, take a world tour with Hema Parekh, author of the new book, The Asian Vegan Kitchen...Parekh's philosophy is all about cooking as a way to share love and demonstrate hospitality."
—New York Daily News
"...wide variety of innovative dishes...beautiful color photos."
About the Author
Hema Parekh has been teaching Asian cooking for almost twenty years. She has written two popular cook books in Japanese A Touch of Spice and Vegetarian Cooking— and is working on a third. She lives in Tokyo with her husband and two children.